As we get nearer to ghosts, witches and goblins taking the night by storm, Airstream Services, an electrical contractor in Murfreesboro, TN, would like to provide some halloween safety tips when it comes to your electrical safety and costs. With all the new lights, ornaments, blowups and other holiday electrical decorations, it is even more imperative today that your home has been evaluated by a licensed electrical contractor in Murfreesboro, TN to ensure there are no bad connections that could cause devastating damage to your home as you begin to plug-in more and more items.
Here are a few electrical tips to help you and your family stay safe this halloween and holiday season.
- Always keep electrical cords and wires in the grass and off sidewalks and driveways. Children are walking everywhere and it is nighttime so cords are very difficult to see so this could be a big tripping hazard.
- With smart home automation, this has allowed homeowners the opportunity automatically turn off lights when going to bed or whenever they are out of town. Airstream Services can help you with your automation get everything set up the way it needs to be to ensure everything is communicating effectively.
- Ensure cords are plugged into outlets with ground fault circuit interrupters(GFCI’s).
- Use only cords rated for outdoor use.
- Wrap cords tightly around trees bushes and houses so no one gets snagged.
- Use LED lightbulbs for all your indoor and outdoor decorations.
Airstream Services is a licensed electrical contractor in Murfreesboro, TN and would love the opportunity to help you with complete setup or repairs for all your electrical needs. Give us a call or fill out our online form to request a free estimate.