Murfreesboro and Rutherford county has its fair share of Gas furnaces and Airstream Services has been able to work on most every type in the area.
This type of system converts gas to heat. The typical types of furnaces are natural gas, propane and oil. Gas furnaces do an excellent job of heating your home since they expel so much heat. Efficiency for gas furnaces range from 78% to 97%. Of course, the more efficient the unit, the steeper in price. Main components consist of burners and heat exchanger, blower and controls.
A gas furnace works by reacting to the thermostat’s call for heat. An igniter lights a burner, the heat produced by the burner is passed on the a heat exchanger, a blower moves air across this heat exchanger and on to your duct work therefore heating you home or office.
What Are Signs Your Gas Furnace Needs Repair?
A gas furnace plays a crucial role in keeping your home warm during the colder months. Recognizing signs that your gas furnace needs repair is important to ensure its efficiency, safety, and longevity.
Here are some common signs to watch out for:
- Reduced Heating Performance: If your furnace isn't producing enough heat or if you notice uneven heating throughout your home, it may be a sign of a malfunction.
- Strange Noises: Unusual noises like banging, squealing, rattling, or popping coming from your furnace can indicate a problem with its components. This may include a malfunctioning blower motor, worn-out bearings, or other issues.
- Frequent Cycling: If your furnace turns on and off more frequently than usual (short cycling), it can be a sign of a problem. This could be caused by issues with the thermostat, a clogged air filter, or a faulty sensor.
- High Energy Bills: A sudden increase in your heating bills without a corresponding increase in usage could indicate that your furnace is operating inefficiently. This may be due to a malfunctioning component or poor maintenance.
- Yellow or Flickering Flame: A gas furnace's flame should burn blue. If you notice a yellow or flickering flame, it may indicate a combustion problem, such as inadequate airflow or a dirty burner. This can also be a safety concern, so address it promptly.
- Pilot Light Problems: If your furnace has a pilot light and it frequently goes out, won't stay lit, or appears weak, it may need attention. This could be due to issues with the thermocouple or gas supply.
- Strange Odors: Unusual odors, especially a strong smell of gas (rotten egg odor), can indicate a gas leak or other combustion issues. If you suspect a gas leak, evacuate your home immediately and call your gas company and a professional technician.
- Increased Dust and Allergies: If you notice more dust, dirt, or allergens circulating in your home when the furnace is running, it may be a sign of a clogged or dirty air filter, ductwork issues, or a malfunctioning blower.
- Inconsistent or Unreliable Thermostat: If your thermostat doesn't respond accurately to temperature adjustments or your furnace fails to maintain the desired temperature, there may be problems with the thermostat or the furnace's control system.
- Age of the Furnace: Furnaces typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your furnace is nearing the end of its expected life, it's more likely to develop problems and may be a good candidate for replacement rather than repair.
If you notice any of these signs, it's advisable to contact a qualified HVAC technician to inspect and diagnose the issue.
Prompt furnace repair can help prevent further damage, ensure safety, and maintain energy efficiency in your home.
Regular maintenance, such as changing air filters and scheduling annual inspections, can also help prevent many of these issues.
Extend the Lifespan of Your Furnace with Regular Maintenance
Regular maintenance is essential for keeping your furnace running smoothly and efficiently. Our team of HVAC experts at Airstream Services can provide thorough inspections and tune-ups to ensure that your furnace is in top condition. By scheduling regular maintenance, you can extend the lifespan of your furnace, prevent costly repairs, and improve its overall performance.
Benefits of regular furnace maintenance include:
- Improved energy efficiency
- Reduced risk of breakdowns
- Enhanced indoor air quality
- Lower heating costs
- Peace of mind knowing your furnace is in good working condition
Don't wait until your furnace breaks down - contact Airstream Services today to schedule a maintenance appointment and keep your home warm and comfortable all winter long.
“Dillon was on time, professional, thorough and friendly. He took the time to explain everything to me. We just moved here and the previous owners left us a typed list of services they used.” - Renee G.
“This is the first time I’ve used Airstream Services and I am very impressed. The service I had done was an extra outlet installed in my garage.” - Todd S.
“We used Airstream Services for several years when our heat pump needed to be replaced. We had them do the replacement with a high efficiency heat pump. We were happy with the price and the professional service.” - Jeff K.
“Airstream knock it out of the park! They installed an EV charger for me and it looks fantastic! I deal with vendors on a weekly bases for both my home and businesses. Customer service, professionalism or just a call back no longer exist.” - Mike D.
“This was absolutely perfect service! The guy that came to our house was amicable and kind all the way through. They seemed to care about fixing our house and what he could do for us rather than how much money he could make for his company.” - Addy K.
“Airstream provides fast, thorough and amazing service. I have needed service quickly and they have responded right away and had a technician out in just a few hours.” - Jennifer D.
“Airstream replaced an older central unit and installed an EV charger at our home. Both jobs were performed as scheduled and for the quoted prices. Pricing was fair and all of their guys showed up on time. Their work was tidy, and the install guys were all ” - Taylor S.
“Jerry did an excellent job for my summer HVAC maintenance. Meticulous, thorough, and educated me. Also found a faulty capacitor and exchanged for me to preserve my AC.” - Rishi N.