Airstream Services provides heating repairs and new installs for both heat pumps and gas furnaces to the Murfreesboro, TN and Rutherford county area. Heating your home is generally one of the largest expenses you will incur each and every month however if you utilize the most appropriate heat system, you will save a lot of money on your heating bills and reduce the number of heating repair service calls.
In Murfreesboro, TN, the two basic types of central heating include heat pumps and furnaces.
Airstream Services will take a look at your existing heating system and can help you make the determination of what the most economical system is for your home and can provide professional advice for your home. We want to provide some information for Murfreesboro residents around the difference between heat pumps and gas furnaces to help you make the right decision when you are looking for a new heating system or need to have heating repair work done.
Heat Pumps in Murfreesboro TN
Heat pumps are very unique in the Murfreesboro area. Heat pumps are air conditioners that can heat your home by reversing the flow of refrigerant. Instead of creating heat like a gas furnace does, a heat pump moves heat from one point to another.
During warmer months heat pumps move heat from your home to the outside and during the colder months the process reverses and heat is moved from outside into your home.
Pros of heat pumps:
- They work efficiently all year. Although higher in price, investing in a heat pump can help reduce your heating and cooling bill.
- More environmentally friendly because they create more heat energy than they consume, up to 2-3 times more in some units.
Cons of heat pumps
- For extremely cold nights, a backup heat source such as electricity may be needed to supplement.
- While more efficient overall, heat pumps are typically more expensive.
- Although heat pumps are not as prevalent in Murfreesboro, Airstream Services has provided heat pumps for Murfreesboro residents where it is most prudent to do so.
Gas Furnaces in Murfreesboro TN
One of the more common types of heating homes in Murfreesboro is a gas furnace. Furnaces create heat by burning natural gas or propane. The heat created by the gas is transferred to the air and spread throughout your home.
Pros of gas furnaces
- Can be very energy efficient when it comes to converting the gas consumed to heat.
- Annual fuel utilization efficiency or AFUE can be as high as 97% in some gas furnaces.
- When compared to heat pumps price wise, furnaces are generally cheaper.
Cons of gas furnace
- Life expectancy is roughly half of a heat pump/electric unit. This is where you will see the benefit of Airstream Services’s annual service inspections to maintain your gas furnace and keep it going much longer than normal.
- Regular maintenance is highly suggested due to the small emanation of carbon monoxide that gas furnaces give off.
No matter what type of heating system you have for you home, Airstream Services can help you with any heating repair work or new heating system to replace your existing one.
Give Airstream Services a call today for all your heating repair needs. We provide free estimates on all new heating system installs.